With more than 5 million homes bought and sold every year (not all by me!) there are plenty of housewarming gifts given to new homeowners, as well. But there’s no accounting for taste as they say, and one person’s treasured gift might be another’s White Elephant.
We decided to poke around and collect the best WORST housewarming gifts we could find. Here are our top 20:
1. Pillows with sayings that don’t really match their decor, but they’ll have to put them on the couch every time you come over.
2. A membership in the Nut of the Month Club. Ohhh, April is Cashew Month!
3. A gift basket of cleaning supplies.
4. Nothing. Literally, a package of nothing.
5. Jewelry plants, which apparently is a real thing.
6. Towels that come with instructions a little more detailed than, “This side up.”
7. Creepy crocheted cats.
8. Air fresheners. (So what are you saying?!)
9. A vacuum-powered bug catcher.
10. This bizarre wall mounting. (Is that a Chupacabra?)
11. A scale. The ultimate insult!
12. A fisherman lure toilet seat.
13. Now you finally have that nose shower gel dispenser you always wanted.
14. Get comfy on a rainy afternoon in your crocheted mermaid wrap.
15. This perfect pancake/waffle dispenser may be practical, but you know you’ll never use it!
16. Nothing says “I’m finally home” like a Chewbacca robe.
17. Your children may be confused if you put this headless Teddy Bear lamp in their room.
18. Everyone loves a gift basket of fruit…and fruity chewing gum.
19. This N-Sync blanket is actually so bad it’s good.
20. Last but not least, a welcome mat with an inappropriate comment always makes a terrible house warming gift!
Which one of these terrible house warming gifts is your favorite? (Or least favorite?!) If you have a suggestion or have ever received a bad housewarming gift yourself, let us know!